|Job Title:||Technical Assessor|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£25,000-27,000 per annum|
|Job Published:||about 3 hours ago|
- To assess all wastes for identification, classification and labelling for both hazardous soils and wastes in order to comply with WM3 regulations and keep the company in compliance.
- To review and assess wastes according to current and future guidance and legislation.
- To ensure accurate assessments of wastes.
- Identification, Classification and labelling of wastes, processing of work from our client's sales force and third parties.
- Maintain a programme of review for soils and wastes according to current and future legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all licences and permits..
- Ensure waste acceptance procedures are compliant.
- Handle incoming telephone calls from clients and potential clients including technical queries.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly reports and other management information is produced accurately and timely.
- Carry out administrative duties in support of the sales function generally including production of statutory paperwork and waste container labels.
- Support Classification Labelling and Packaging tasks from other internal businesses.
- Any other duties reasonably requested and which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Act with honesty and integrity in all business dealings and adheres to Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that a job description for their role is received and fully understood.
- Ensure objectives/goals are set with manager to facilitate performance appraisal.
- Monitor achievement of targets, KPI's and goals and identify training needs.
- Undertake regular training and research to ensure high performance levels are maintained.
- Chemistry degree/HND/HNC or equivalent.
- Experience in waste industry an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- Experience in WM3 an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Good computer skills, to be able to work on own initiative, self-motivator and confident in dealing with people.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Knowledge of Identification, Classification and labelling of wastes and waste legislation an advantage.
- Pleasant manner and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Achievement / goal driven
- Verbal and written communication
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
- Hands on approach
Please contact Charles Cocklin on 01202 888 986. We look forward to receiving your application.