|Job Title:||Technical Commercial Assistant|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Cheshire - Warrington|
|Salary:||£23,000 - £28,000|
|Contact Name:||Rosie Butler|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Technical Commercial Assistant to join a growing business within an established team based in Warrington. Our client is a forward thinking multi-utility connections company, providing the UK property and construction sector with a superior, value-added alternative to traditional distribution network operators (DNOs).
The role will involve a variety of duties including management of invoices, weekly statements, and preparation of payments for sign off by the Quantity Surveyor.
You will be responsible for managing and reporting on commercial activities including customer billing, subcontractor payments, measurement of drawings, reporting and adhoc administrative duties on behalf of the Quantity Surveyor.
You will need to be enthusiastic, conscientious, organised individual who is keen to work in a fast paced environment, in a growing company.
- Monitor, report and the provision of project financial performance information.
- Undertake small scale accounts activity with subcontractors, including management of invoices, weekly statements, and preparation of payments for sign off by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Maximise cash flow and minimize debt by generating and reviewing customer billing and account reconciliations/exceptions with Project Managers, providing weekly updates and trend profiles to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Administer and manage credit memos for review by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Minimise debt through the preparation, analysis and submission of Construction Approval Status Reports.
- Analyse, investigate and report project trends where margin has been eroded providing feedback to Business Development Managers, Designers and Project Managers.
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of productivity through the accurate collation of operational time/track sheet data, providing timely reports to the Quantity Surveyor, Regional Manager, and the Management Accountant.
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor with the management of project closures to ensure accurate information and data is available for financial analysis.
- Collate all relevant data to assist the Quantity Surveyor with Percentage Complete and CVR inputs.
- Produce Construction Variations including logging, monitoring and updating Project Manager’s reports.
- Support Design team where applicable with the preparation of design variations.
- Liaise with the Estimator/Team Leader and assist with the gathering of information on risks and problem areas when pricing works, visiting site to measure and record activities as required.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification(s).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- IT literate with advanced experience in both Excel and Word and a working knowledge of other software including databases.
- High level of numeracy and experience of producing commercial reports.
- Ability to collate, analyse and present data from various different sources.
- HNC in building construction or similar.
- Understanding of utility/ construction sector.
- Working knowledge of financial systems.
- Experience of handling variations and costing of works where original scope of works has changed.