|Job Title:||Technical Director of Infrastructure Planning|
|Salary:||£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Technical Director of Infrastructure Planning
UK Wide - London, Reading, Manchester, or Birmingham
We are working with a leading multidisciplinary consultancy with a global presence as they continue to grow their Planning services offering here in the UK.
To meet the growing business needs and aspirations they are looking for a Technical Director/Divisional Director to offer services across Infrastructure Planning and to be senior member of Town Planning discipline.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities of the Technical Director for Infrastructure Planning
- Providing a significant contribution to the further growth of the business through developing new opportunities and growing opportunities which already exist from within the wider business
- Take a leading role in the delivery of Development Consent Orders and/or Transport and Works Act Orders in support of major infrastructure investment.
- Developing the capability in the field of major infrastructure planning and consents processes, in support of the wider business including Highways, Rail, Nuclear, Energy, Waste and Water.
- Working as a senior member of the national planning team to deliver a range of planning projects. This will include managing resources, building capability and capacity, and driving technical excellence in the field of infrastructure planning.
- Working alongside and potentially project managing other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications, public examination and public inquiry.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of work proposals and work specifications.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues with an ability to build strong working relationships across the wider Jacobs business.
- Helping to identify and deliver additional work opportunities to the Planning team across the UK.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, early warning and change control, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
To be considered for the role of Technical Director of Infrastructure Planning
- You should have a sound track record on advising on planning strategy as well as managing and delivering consents for large scale infrastructure schemes, particularly those obtained through the Development Consent Order procedure.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant planning or related degree. Full member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- An excellent understanding of current planning issues and the statutory planning processes (TCPA, DCO, TWAO and Hybrid Bill) for major infrastructure projects.
- Ability to inspire confidence in senior client representatives.
- Strong technical ability with experience in the development and delivery of planning strategies and planning applications and related areas including EIA and other Impact Assessments for large scale infrastructure.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Resource management.
- Strong team working capabilities and ability to build relationships across a large multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- Commercial focus
- Expert Witness/Public Inquiry or Examination in Public Experience is desirable
Interested? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!