|Job Title:||Technical Director/Project Director Development Sector|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Project Director/Technical Director Development Sector
Allen & York are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who are presently working on some of the largest civil engineering infrastructure, urban regeneration and transport projects in the UK.
The role of Project Director/Technical Director Development Sector
You will be responsible for the management and coordination of expertise across a range of technical services provided to development clients, including ecology, landscape architecture, air quality, acoustics, sustainability and geosciences and work closely with our infrastructure and buildings teams.
The role will be focussed on multidisciplinary design/project management of land development schemes in the public and private sectors. You will work alongside the Environmental Assessment Team, which undertakes a broad range of projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, transport assessment and design, sustainability and energy assessment, construction management and other environmental advice, together with our infrastructure and engineering teams.
Current land development projects include high profile schemes, new town settlements, as well as frameworks with the Homes and Communities Agency, London Legacy Development Corporation, Crown Commercial Services and the Co-operative Group, with a significant number of major opportunities in the pipeline.
The primary role will be to provide coordinated design/project leadership of multidisciplinary services provided on development projects, interfacing closely with technical leads, clients, professionals and stakeholders.
Responsibilities of this role include;
- Leading/managing projects (including budgets and cashflow) involving multidisciplinary technical teams, which may include sub-consultants
- Taking a leading role in project meetings and provide advice to clients and stakeholders, often as the principal representative to the client
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities and managing bid production
- Taking responsibility for technical quality / approval of project deliverables
- Overseeing the execution of various technical studies, surveys and investigations; the analysis of survey results of field surveys; the production of reports, designs, advice notes, strategies and other planning support documents
- Providing advice on technical issues, at an in-depth level within own area of expertise, but also on a broad range of topics
- Liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, regulators, statutory authorities and interest groups
- Attending Public Consultation/engagement events
- Managing performance of assigned team members and providing training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff
- Managing budgets and production of bids
- Supporting the Business Director for Environment on the overall commercial performance of the Environmental team
- Supporting the Business Director for Environment on the development of new work streams and client relationships
To be considered for the role of Project Director in the Development Sector;
We are seeking to locate a high calibre Project Director/Technical Director to take a key role in the Environmental Business, whilst working closely with other teams within the Land Development sector, providing technical, commercial and business development leadership.
You will have an excellent professional profile and existing relationships with clients and stakeholders, with demonstrable experience of using this and your technical knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities and to provide technical input into the bidding process.
You would also take an active role in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues and assisting with chartered institute membership.
- Relevant Degree with a second degree in a relevant subject and/or project management qualification highly desirable
- Relevant Professional Membership
- Chartered status
- Proven ability in project/design management of multidisciplinary technical services provided to development clients
- Experience of successful leadership roles as client interface on larger scale development projects
- Specific skills in land development related disciplines In-depth knowledge of Town and Country Planning process, EIA processes and relevant UK legislation
- Understanding of engineering design and Technical Approval process
- Excellent Commercial and Programming skills
- Evidence of excellent client and stakeholder relationships and ability to develop new ones
Interested in the role of Planning Consultant? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.