|Job Title:||Technical Lead - Water|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
About the role
- You will act as a company expert on a range of technical issues in one or more of the following areas; potable and waste water networks, non-infrastructure potable water, waste water treatment, assets, processes, sludge and renewable energy.
- Support development of R&D project proposals in consultation with other areas within the business that provide tangible customer and business benefits. Providing guidance on the design and delivery of projects to ensure technical and operational questions can be resolved.
- Develop and maintain strong links with centres of excellence for innovation and science, including universities (U.K and internationally) Research organisations, technology hubs and provide support to research students and their projects.
- To work with the wider R&D team to promote and contribute to our Open Innovation processes including Front End Innovation, Needs generation, programme delivery, technology demonstration and roll-out/exploitation.
- Technical design and management of projects to ensure the accuracy and quality of data at all stages of the project.
- You will support the implementation of new technologies and techniques in the Water Company through liaison with CoPs and business change teams and provide technical advice through engagement and communication with key stakeholders.
- You will have a proven track record of managing R&D, asset creation or other projects. A good technical knowledge of one or more of the following; potable water treatment and distribution; sewerage networks; sewage treatment; catchment management; renewable energy.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis to complex data sets in order to analyse project data and deliverables and develop clear recommendations for the business.
- The ability to manage the technical direction of projects and work closely with a range of stakeholder to ensure project delivery.
- You will be Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and be working towards Full Membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. ICE, CIWEM, I Mech E, IET etc. Full UK Driving Licence is required.
The Client Aim
- We're adopting an Open Innovation approach to help us meet our company Purpose, "to serve our communities and build a lasting water legacy" and we passionately believe that innovation comes from both inside and outside of our Company.
- We'll be doing fundamental research alongside near to market development: Research is focused primarily on our longer term strategic direction (2020+). The needs will largely be driven from observing megatrends and understanding the future envisaged through scenario planning.
- Our development work will be focused on adopting the best technologies that already exist in other countries and sectors rather than developing everything from first principles.