|Job Title:||Technical Services Engineer|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Contact Name:||Miriam Heale|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
My client is a British manufacturer of water management solutions. Due to their expanding business and success in the region a new opportunity has opened for a Technical Services Engineer.
The primary function of the role is to provide technical support for the business by liaising through management with contractors and specifiers at all levels. The role will primarily but not exclusively involve working on the company's water management solutions products.
- To undertake drainage pipe and attenuation systems design work. This will include mechanical, structural and hydraulic calculations.
- To carry out value engineering and offer alternative solutions to schemes already specified.
- To carry out drainage take offs as required.
- To work on bespoke projects for system design.
- To respond to customers' requests for technical services or support in relation to the products manufactured by the business.
- Produce standard details for company and or for submission to site using AutoCAD.
- To work with the R&D department to provide technical input to new product developments.
- To comply with and maintain the systems and processes used by the business.
- Attendance to trade shows, displays and meetings as and when required.
- Language capabilities preferable English essential. Arabic / Indian an advantage
- Experience of living and working in the UAE essential
- Civil / Structural Engineer qualification or similar suitable professional qualification preferable
- Knowledge of industry standards and design criteria
- Past experience in dealing with Consultants / Contractors at a senior level
- Ability to work as part of a team, be motivational, as well as being self-motivated
- Ability to monitor own performance and take appropriate action to maximise outputs
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Computer literate, competent in CAD, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Time management skills
- Flexibility relative to on-going business needs
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region.
ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.