|Job Title:||Temporary Works Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands, Derbyshire - Derby|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Our Client is a leading international infrastructure group, their Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. They are looking to recruit a Temporary Works Design Engineer to join an established team. The purpose of this role is to undertake the design co-ordination of all temporary works required for projects within the Overhead Line transmission and distribution sector. Responsibilities include the initial feasibility assessment to detail design, installation & final removal, including where appropriate preparation of in-house temporary works design.
- Work with designers and subcontractors through the Design Phase to review the initial scope of works and produce advice as to the constructability and sequencing of the temporary works.
- Produce the method statements
- Maintain clear lines of communication with any sub-contractors, and, where appropriate, permanent works designers and constructors, to ensure that temporary works have been built as designed.
- Prepare statements/programmes identifying critical stages for site review and, where required, sampling/testing of temporary works
- Determine, if required, what testing of sampled material and equipment is necessary, and ensure that an accredited testing agency has been engaged to carry out this work.
- To identify competent designers & contractors for installation of each type of temporary works, and to coordinate & supervise their work
- Temporary works involvement in projects includes:
- Excavation support for tower foundations or cable trenches
- Formwork and setting templates for reinforced concrete foundations
- Piling and Crane Platforms
- Access roads and traffic management
- Protective scaffolds for roads, railways and third party property
- Catenary Support System (in-house system used in place of scaffold)
- Backstays and temporary steelwork for tower support
- Temporary overhead line diversions
- Degree level education or the equivalent with formal training in civil, structural &/or geotechnical engineering
- Strong, proven post-graduate experience in the civil or structural engineering industry
- Experience of the supervision of sub-consultants or subcontractors
- Proven experience of the design of civil or structural engineering works
- Experience in the design & supervision of temporary works for