|Job Title:||Temporary Works Designer - Rail|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London - South London|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
As the successful individual, you will be undertaking temporary works designs for a major Project in London and be part of the temporary works department, assisting the Temporary Works Coordinator in the design process, supervision and checking of the temporary works. You will be undertaking Temporary Works designs in steel, reinforced concrete, timber and excavations and excavation support.
You will be offering technical support to the site managers and team during the construction process ensuring that the project quality requirements and expectations of this Project are met.
• Point of contact between the Temporary Works Coordinator, Designer and the site team.
• To ensure the temporary works design is implemented in accordance with the drawings and specification (TW Management plan - Design process work flow).
• Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs for the Project. The type of Temporary Works designs will vary to accommodate the requirements of the project. In general terms, the type of TW designs will be backpropping, formwork, falsework, tower crane bases, foundations to site cabins & welfare units, access platforms, lifting equipment, temporary site road, working platforms for tracked plant, control of groundwater, temporary façade retention, scaffolding, supported excavations, etc.
• Offer guidance and coaching to junior members of the design and construction team.
• Support the Temporary Works Coordinator
• Has previous experience of working in a similar role on a similar sized complex project. Has demonstrable experience of the relevant types of temporary works.
• Full understanding of structural codes of practice.
• Must be able to produce well thought out competent temporary works designs.
• Ideally holds a Degree/ HND in Civil/ Structural
• Has completed formal TWC training.
• Knowledge of relevant safety legislation and industry good practice.
• Knowledge of the relevant structural engineering design and construction processes.
• Appropriate CSCS card type and level.
• Strong communication skills in English (oral and written).
• Being a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer (or similar) is desirable.
• Having knowledge of LU standards, procedures and processes is advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on one of London's complex and significant projects, as well as joining a growing and dynamic global organisation.
Our client is offering a competitive package plus the chance to join a great team and progress throughout the organisation.
We look forward to receiving your application!