|Job Title:||Transport Planner|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Transport Planner Birmingham
An opportunity to join one of the UKs leaders in Transportation Planning consultancy, offering services across transport modelling, public transport studies, and pedestrian and cycling strategies, to clients across the UK
The role of Transport Planner
We are seeking a highly motivated enthusiastic team player to join our client's new Transport Planning team in Birmingham, which supports the wider, successful, Transport Planning offering for the business. You will assist the project managers by delivering innovative solutions on a wide range of projects, working with the team to deliver an excellent service. You will be a critical part of a very busy commercially focused team.
You would be joining a transport and highway team which offers comprehensive planning and design services at all stages of a project from concept to delivery, unlocking development potential, enabling regeneration, optimising road space and addressing commercial challenges.
You will support the senior staff by providing technical input to projects and help the team deliver what is expected. In your role you will prepare specific elements of project work, including reports and drawings, site visits, research on transport issues, conduct occasional traffic surveys when required. As part of your role you may be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers and therefore you must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- As a Transport Planner, you will bring to the role knowledge and technical experience in transport planning and site development projects.
- You have been involved in a variety of projects ranging from small to large scale.
- You have worked in the UK for over 2 years and understand the planning process and how your work fits into that.
- You have good analytical and report writing/data presentation skills and some initial experience in use of some or all of the following software is desirable; ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, SATURN, VISUM, TUBA, PARAMICS, VISSIM, TRICS, GIS, AutoCAD.
- You should have a good basic working knowledge of junction and/or network modelling software.
- You should have a keen interest in transport planning and be able to work well within a dynamic team environment.
- You will have good analytical and report writing/data presentation skills, be proficient in MS Office software and demonstrate willingness to learn various Transportation software packages, for which on-the-job training will be provided.
- As a key member or the team, you should be a good team player, enthusiastic and driven to progress yourself and others in the team.
Interested? Get in touch;
If you are interested in the role of Transport Planner, please do get in touch with me as soon as possible for an informal, and very confidential chat.
Sarah Kerr, Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.