|Job Title:||Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner Development|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner Development
Cardiff or Guilford
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within their successful and growing Transport Planning Team as they continue to strengthen their offering throughout the UK.
The Transport Planning team is involved in a number of complex and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding, including some of the UK's largest residential and mixed use developments, as well as Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. They work for a wide variety of national and local clients in both the private and public sector carrying out Transport Assessments, Travel Planning, Traffic Management Plans and Environmental Impact Studies to gain consent for schemes.
During this time, they have been engaged on the transportation and impact aspects of Education, Health, Residential, Energy and Community Development schemes and Infrastructure proposals, delivering innovative solutions to transportation issues.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Transport/Senior Transport Planner:
Reporting to the Associate or Principal Transport Planner, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Transport Planning schemes.
As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and could well have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of schemes, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
You will be offered personal development opportunities which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success
The role of Transport/Senior Transport Planner will include the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking site surveys, data analysis and baseline reviews
- Producing and contributing towards transport assessments and travel plans for a wide range of developments
- Undertaking junction modelling as part of transport assessments
- Providing inputs to multi-disciplinary studies and environmental assessments
- Supporting in meetings with clients and stakeholders as well as working with other disciplines and consultants on projects
Requirements to be considered for the role of Transport Planner:
- Owing to the on-going workload, our client is now looking to recruit a Transport Planner or Senior Transport Planner based in either our Cardiff or Guildford office within the development focussed transport planning team. The role will involve some responsibility for managing smaller projects as well as working with colleagues on more complex commissions.
- Degree or equivalent in Geography, Planning, Engineering or related subject (Masters' Degree desirable)
- Chartered or working towards Chartership of a relevant professional body (CILT, TPP etc.)
- Experience of producing and contributing towards transport assessments and travel plans gained in consultancy
- Willingness to be part of a team and assist projects as and when necessary and work on own initiative
- Excellent numerical, data analysis and technical writing skills
- Junction modelling experience (Arcady, Picady, LinSig)
- Experience of commissioning sub-contractors and obtaining technical data from a variety of sources
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with clients and key stakeholders
- A versatile individual looking to get involved in a wide range of projects
- Willingness to travel to projects across the UK
- Full driving licence
Interested Get in touch;
If the role of Transport/Senior Transport Planner is of interest to you, please get in touch straight away to discuss in more detail;
Sarah Kerr Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.