|Job Title:||Urban Designer|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Collins|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
A chance to work for a leading private consultancy who prides itself on employee development, working on large scale, complex and exciting projects in a supportive and cooperative environment in Oxfordshire.
Our client is an innovative multi-disciplinary practice combining Architects, Town Planners and Urban Designers who pride themselves on being creative, sustainable, and client focused and has recently been awarded the Investors in People Gold accreditation. They are leading on the development of some nationally significant projects, including an entirely new settlement in the South of the UK. Due to the number of new promotions and schemes, they are currently looking to expand quite significantly to support their current work load. As such they require an experienced Urban Designer to join their team.
In the Role of Urban Designer you will be responsible for:
- Direct contact with clients providing advice upon design, strategy and progress of projects.
- Preparation of feasibility studies for early masterplanning work
- Scheme design and development from initial concepts to preparing planning drawings
- Preparation initial feasibility analysis and contextual appraisals of development opportunities, having regard to urban design principles.
- Being able to clearly articulate the merits of good design.
- Promoting contemporary sustainable development having regard to modern methods of construction, consequences for climate change and carbon emissions to affordable housing and transport.
- Preparing design briefs for sites and clearly show how local context influences design.
- Preparing and assist with master planning projects.
- Having a working knowledge of design codes and their use within the planning process.
- Assisting in preparing planning application submissions including urban design assessments for development opportunities to include pre-application meetings with officers of Local Planning Authority.
- Assisting and co-ordinating other professionals involved in the project to ensure a seamless design approach.
- Assisting in, and carry out the preparation of design and access statements as well as feeding in key drawings and writing descriptive text where appropriate.
- Being able to translate a masterplan from a hand sketch into a CAD drawing and produce feasibility studies exploring density.
- Preparing parameter plans and design frameworks alongside masterplan area schedules.
- Assisting in undertaking meetings with clients to advise them upon potential success of a development opportunity and the progress of a current project.
- Promoting and participate in successful public consultation exercises associated with urban design contextual reports, master plan proposals and planning application proposals, in line with best practice and strategies identified by Local Authorities in their Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
- Maintaining a programme of CPD in line with our clients' requirements and best practice in Urban Design.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of best practice and procedures in Urban Design.
- Assisting the partners and associates in the production of consultant briefs, project programmes and fee proposals.
- Promoting projects with minimum supervision, although ultimately responsible to the Partners.
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Tom Collins - Planning & Built Environment Consultant
01202 888 986; 07985566396
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that is - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!