|Job Title:||Urban Designer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
- You will be dealing directly with clients providing advice upon design, strategy and progress of projects.
- Preparation of feasibility studies for early masterplanning work
- Scheme design and development from initial concepts to preparing planning drawings
- Prepare initial feasibility analysis and contextual appraisals of development opportunities, having regard to urban design principles.
- To be able to clearly articulate the merits of good design.
- Promote contemporary sustainable development having regard to modern methods of construction, consequences for climate change and carbon emissions to affordable housing and transport.
- Prepare design briefs for sites and clearly show how local context influences design.
- Prepare and assist with master planning projects.
- Have a working knowledge of design codes and their use within the planning process.
- To assist in preparing planning application submissions including urban design assessments for development opportunities to include pre-application meetings with officers of Local Planning Authority.
- To assist and co-ordinating other professionals involved in the project to ensure a seamless design approach.
- To assist in, and carry out the preparation of design and access statements as well as feeding in key drawings and writing descriptive text where appropriate.
- To be able to translate a masterplan from a hand sketch into a CAD drawing and produce feasibility studies exploring density.
- To prepare parameter plans and design frameworks alongside masterplan area schedules.
- To assist in undertaking meetings with clients to advise them upon potential success of a development opportunity and the progress of a current project.
- To promote and participate in successful public consultation exercises associated with urban design contextual reports, master plan proposals and planning application proposals, in line with best practice and strategies identified by Local Authorities in their Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
- Maintain a programme of CPD in line with the business' requirements and best practice in Urban Design.
- To maintain a current knowledge of best practice and procedures in Urban Design.
- To assist the partners and associates in the production of consultant briefs, project programmes and fee proposals.
- To promote projects with minimum supervision.
- You have a degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- You have at least 3 years PQE within the Urban Design field
- Experience in design software such as AutoCAD
- A passion for sustainability and design, with a desire to progress your career with a leading organisation
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!