|Job Title:||Vocational Skills Consultant|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Our client is currently looking to recruit a home based Vocational Skills Consultant to join their training business. This business is based in the Manchester offices. This is a varied role and a fantastic opportunity.
This job opportunity has arisen to support the developing growth of our Client and their customer apprentice development in meeting the global skills challenge. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, evolving skill business developing and coordinating the delivery of high quality apprenticeship solutions.
The role requires the development of new business opportunities for customer apprenticeships and involvement in new learning projects. The role reports to the Learning & Development Manager and liaises with the vocational training community, colleges, training providers, Sector Skills Councils and learners.
What is the Scope of this job?
- Work in conjunction with the Apprenticeship Co-ordination function and drive business to enable it to attract entry level talent via Advanced or Higher Apprenticeships
- Provide pastoral learner support in line with company contractual obligations as defined by the National Training Contract with the Skills Funding Agency
- Conduct regular learner reviews
- Assess learner competence against vocational apprenticeship frameworks where occupationally competent
- Liaise with training suppliers and training institutions such as awarding bodies, sector skills councils and the QCA
- Work as part of the company Vocational Team in line with contractual obligations (OFSTED; SFA)
- Regional mobility required
- Business Development: the job holder will be required to develop revenue generating apprenticeship links to company customers and grow 3rd party apprentice attraction in line with business strategy
- To provide pastoral support to company and third party apprentices
- To carry out regular learner progress reviews for apprentices
- To assess apprentices' competence where occupationally competent to awarding body standards
- Providing candidates with individual feedback and actions as specified in the assessment plan and Individual Learner Plan.
- Ensure all portfolios are submitted for Internal Verification check in a timely manner
- Deliver apprenticeship sales goals against agreed targets.
- Very good understanding of vocational education
- At least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering discipline preferred; ideally completed an Engineering Apprenticeship
- Assessor Award A1 preferred
- Excellent knowledge of vocational Engineering frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of common inspection framework requirements for young learners
- Good working knowledge of English QCF
- Enhanced disclosure
- Effective relationship building
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Previous commercial/sales experience in vocational education
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Aptitude and proven experience with IT systems
- Is able to work on own initiative as part of a virtual team