|Job Title:||Wastewater Network Modeller - Water|
|Location:||UK - Scotland - Central Belt, Edinburgh|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||17 days ago|
As part of the Urban Drainage Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of network modelling in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to wastewater infrastructure systems in line with the company strategic direction.
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on wastewater network solutions
- Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Technical expertise in sewer hydraulic modelling (InfoWorks).
- Work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Wastewater Network.
- Undertake the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve sewer flooding and to address unsatisfactory overflows.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced members within the team
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
- Supervise site surveys and field investigations.
- Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
- Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience in wastewater industry and previous experience in the modelling of wastewater networks.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- A full understanding of InfoWorks CS
- Working knowledge of using GIS tools is preferable
- Experience in the management of staff and staff development
- Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management over other modelling staff
- Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team – both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work