Bookmaker William Hill has described this year’s RIBA Stirling Prize as one of the closest contests in recent years
According to the betting company’s latest odds, there is no runaway favourite with little to choose between Reiach and Hall’s Maggie’s centre in Lanarkshire (2/1), MUMA’s The Whitworth gallery (9/4) and Niall McLaughlin Architects’ Darbishire Place housing scheme (7/2).
The winner of this year’s prize will be announced at a ceremony held in 66 Portland Place on the evening of 15 October.
Latest odds (9 October)
- 2/1 Maggie’s Lanarkshire by Reiach and Hall
- 9/4 The Whitworth by MUMA
- 7/2 Darbishire Place by Niall McLaughlin Architects
- 6/1 University of Greenwich by Heneghan Peng
- 10/1 NEO Bankside by RSHP
- 10/1 Burntwood School by AHMM
As part of their Stirling Prize coverage, the BBC and the Architects’ Journal have made short films of each shortlisted building. In the films, they speak to the clients and users of the building in order to understand the impact the building has on the people who use it.
To view the BBC film click here
To view the Architects’ Journal Film click here