About the role
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineering Associate Director to join our clients team as an Account/Service Manager in their Birmingham Office. The role is providing coverage of the Southern region of the Transport and Infrastructure Design Development Service.
The role will support the existing senior management team within the Service and will be responsible for the overall operational and technical delivery of the Birmingham and London Transport and Infrastructure Design Development teams. On a day-to-day basis the role will be responsible for ensuring projects are appropriately resourced and technical delivery is in line with Account Management process.
Responsibilities will include leading project delivery for key clients, monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of the teams, leading on future recruitment strategies, and ensuring the teams are continually improving their technical and commercial acumen.
Within the wider region, the ideal candidate will also help to maintain existing client relationships through regular communication with Account Directors, and to support the Regional Growth Teams in developing new opportunities with emerging clients.
Interested candidates should have proven skills and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- A visible and participative Manager, willing and able to take responsibility and be held to account for the service that T&I Design Development delivers to clients.
- An aptitude for working collaborative with the T&I Service to help build and sustain a strong working relationship with the rest of the business.
- Reliable and trustworthy; always acts with consistency and integrity.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills and experience in the following areas:
- A good knowledge of the UK Planning system, with a record of contributing to and influencing successful planning applications, securing both detailed and outline consents.
- Commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude for developing emerging and new client relationships.
- Broad technical experience within the field of infrastructure design, across a variety of sectors.
- Experience of working within and in guiding/leading multi-disciplinary project teams on large scale (+20ha) commercial and residential development, from project inception to delivery.
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement.
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Superb training
- Professional Subscription
- Social Fund
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity + 2.5 paid days for STEM activity