An exciting opportunity for an Acoustic Consultant seeking to progress towards a senior consultant role working for a consultancy based in Leeds.
The successful applicant would be expected to lead or contribute to a wide range of development projects which will include taking responsibility for project finances.
The position will involve input and management of projects across their Offices.
A key element of the role will be to work with the Acoustics lead to manage the incoming work stream.
The successful applicant will already have at least two years of proven experience in environmental noise and vibration consultancy. The role will provide an opportunity for an individual to demonstrate a broad range of skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of an integrated, progressive environmental team.
Their work is varied and widespread supporting their clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required. We value innovation, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
Alongside your technical advancement we also offer a range of internal personal development programmes including:-
- Wellbeing Seminars
- Professional mentoring
About the Acoustics team
Their Acoustics team are a rapidly expanding part of their environmental service offering, with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to master planning and the discharge of conditions. They provide strategic advice and asset management services, and offer clever solutions to some challenging acoustics issues. They are also looking to grow our capability to better serve clients on architectural acoustics projects and building services design.
They aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
They are seeking candidate with the following qualities:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Proactive approach with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to prioritise team workloads and manage resources to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Highly self-organised and able to projects to time, quality and cost constraints.
- Commercially astute, with a desire to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Keen to keep learning to improve own breadth of knowledge and technical expertise.
Ideally you the successful candidate will be a graduate in an acoustics related discipline or equivalent. Membership of the Institute of Acoustics is desirable, as either MIOA or AMIOA, but not essential.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate good experience and working knowledge of the following areas of work:
- The EIA process
- Working with design teams, architects, clients and end users.
- Project management.
- A good understanding of the planning process.
- The standards and guidelines that govern our industry.
- Experience of using noise and vibration monitoring equipment, and the essential care and management that it requires.
- Experience of using noise modelling packages such as CadnaA would be desirable.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
Please contact Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.