Air Quality Monitoring Technician
About the role:
As a field-based Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that the continuous monitoring equipment for air pollutants across the UK is providing the correct results and giving reliable measurements of air quality for customers. This involves the on-site testing and calibration of equipment and subsequent data recording and processing, conducted to strict quality requirements
You will be included in an "on-call" rota to deploy Environment Agency emergency air quality monitoring equipment at short notice in response to industrial incidents. This work is as part of a large team and the number of call-outs is infrequent, but it does require 24-7 response if required.
You will also be trained to review and ratify air pollution measurements using in-house software systems and strict methods prescribed by UK Law and European Directives. It would be an advantage to have an initial understanding of current air pollution problems and legislation aimed to address these issues, although comprehensive training is provided.
The work will require significant travel, including several weeks per quarter of extended trips away from the office and up to 4 overnight stays per week. This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
Key competencies and experience:
- A degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering is an advantage, but not essential; candidates who can demonstrate relevant experience will also be considered
- It would be an advantage to have an initial understanding of current air pollution problems and legislation aimed to address these issues, although comprehensive training is provided.
- Full, clean UK driving licence with solid driving experience - able to drive a Company van
- Good level of physical fitness in order to be able to load and unload monitoring and testing equipment
- The ability to conduct research, gather and analyse data accurately and methodically
- IT literacy
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Self-reliance and good problem-solving skills
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com