|Job Title:||Asset Manager- Wind energy|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is one of the biggest investment and asset managers within renewable energy.
They employ over 500 people and manage more than £5 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors.
They are looking for a Senior Asset Manager who will be responsible for the management of an expanding portfolio of wind farms. The wind portfolio is currently one of the largest commercial onshore wind portfolios in the UK.
The role sits within the Energy Asset Management team, which is responsible for the management of c£2.bn+ of energy assets.
The Senior asset manager will be accountable for all technical, commercial and financial aspects of the wind assets and the companies that own them, including reporting to management, lenders and investors. This will require strong management of outsourced partners to deliver the expected investment returns, resolve issues and de-risk the portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Wind industry experience. They need to be exceptionally well organised, hardworking and conscientious to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Work closely with the operators of the power plants to monitor and optimise performance throughout the life cycle of plants; gathering and managing detailed data for the portfolio companies
- Drive fast issue resolution incl. commercial decision making and getting approvals from the relevant investment committee as appropriate
- Manage contractual framework agreements across the portfolio to drive efficiency across the portfolio and allow swift upsizing of the portfolio
- Deliver portfolio optimisation in line with relevant deal closing strategy; this could include restructurings, PPA strategy, portfolio tendering, third party debt refinancing or exit strategies
- Work closely with investment teams to assess contractual and/or commercial opportunities and risks with new deals, in the process preparing the asset management teams for asset on-boarding
- Share their expert understanding of wind technology and performance drivers, as well as the wider UK energy trading market with the team and drive the commercial strategy of plants
- Provide training and support for more junior members of the asset management team
- Oversee and manage revenue and expenditure and cash balances in project companies (incl. drawdowns, dividends etc)
- Update and maintain financial models, reflecting market conditions and operational performance
- Support internal fund reporting, including periodic (quarterly) valuation of the portfolio companies
- Support external financing reporting compliance work streams, including operational analysis and waiver request/consents
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion
- Have oversight of operational budgets for both operational and facility purposes
- Review and critically analyse the management accounts of the project companies, reporting any issues to senior management and approving write offs as necessary
- Review and approve audited accounts (before Director signs)
- First port of call for questions from Directors, Funds, Committees, Banks etc.
- Typical candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in the wind industry, with additional experience in other infrastructure management services
- Significant knowledge of wind power plant operation and management, including understanding of key project milestones and key performance indicators.
- Leading complex contractual negotiations including contract enforcement, considering commercial, legal and technical
- Knowledge of typical project documents (including SPAs, PPA, O&M and EPC contracts) and experience of managing external debt facilities
- Management of key project contractors, including dispute resolution
- Knowledge of private equity deals, project finance and private company valuations
- Financial modelling experience desirable, but not essential
- Commercial or legal background particularly with experience of contract law
- Flexibility and "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to train and support others
- Looking for a challenging role as part of an asset management career
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines