|Job Title:||Asset Manager - Wind|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are looking for a Senior Associate Asset Manager who will be responsible for the management of an expanding portfolio of wind farms worth in excess of £400m.
This clients wind portfolio is currently one of the largest commercial onshore wind portfolios in the UK.
This role will be heavily involved in all aspects of asset management from setting the overall corporate direction and strategy down to budget setting and cash controls. However, much of the day to day operations and accounting is outsourced.
The Senior Associate will be accountable for all commercial and financial aspects under their management, including reporting to management, lenders and investors.
- Liaise with the operators of the power plants to monitor and optimise performance throughout the life cycle of plants; gathering and managing detailed data for the portfolio companies
- Drive issue resolution incl. commercial decision making and getting approvals from the relevant investment committee as appropriate
- Manage contractual framework agreement with key outsourcing partner to drive efficiency across the portfolio and allow swift upsizing of the portfolio
- Assist with portfolio optimisation in line with relevant deal closing strategy; this could include restructurings, PPA strategy, portfolio tendering, third party debt refinancing or exit strategies
- Work closely with investment teams to identify contractual and/or commercial risks with new deals, in the process preparing the asset management teams for asset on-boarding
- Provide training and support for more junior members of the asset management team
- Oversee and manage revenue and expenditure and cash balances
- Update and maintain complex financial models, reflecting market conditions and operational performance
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring framework in place
- Have oversight of operational budgets for both operational and facility purposes
- The candidate will be well-educated and a quick learner.
- The candidate must be well organised with good prioritisation skills to manage both site specific and portfolio wide issues across multiple companies.
- They will be numerate, have good commercial acumen and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of wind power plant operation and management, including understanding of key project milestones and key performance indicators.
- Typical candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in the wind industry
- Knowledge of typical project documents (including SPAs, PPA, OEM and EPC contracts)
- Flexibility and "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to train and support others
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines
- Looking for a challenging role as part of an asset management care
The role represents an excellent opportunity for an asset manager with good wind experience to join a highly motivated, supportive and collaborative team. It will provide an excellent exposure to both wind and finance industries.