Due to continued growth a position for an Assistant or Ecological Consultant has arisen. Working with a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries. You will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis.
- Writing and producing concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Assisting senior colleagues with more specialist work, for example, provide support on protected species surveys.
- Gaining experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Report writing experience and skills
- Membership (or be working towards) of CIEEM.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com