Ou client is a well known multidisciplianry consultancy, working on some of the most groundbraking and interesting engineering projects worldwide. We are recruiting for an Assistant Software Developer (G7) to our client's Digital Solutions Team. The team is expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of projects and clients - from both within the UK and overseas. As with the company, the team has ambitions to grow and this role offers significant career progression.
The team provides full design, implementation and maintenance services to a wide range of internal and external clients. The team is currently based in Birmingham, London and Newcastle; to further expand our market we are looking for a strong individual to expand the team in any of those locations.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience and will have proven design and development skills delivering to quality, time and budget. They will have experience of working as part of software teams developing a variety of technologies focus on either PHP and\or .Net.
The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an accomplished team and work on a variety of exciting and innovative projects for our various clients.
The right candidate will work with experienced staff to develop, maintain and support software applications, predominately for transportation clients.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/ Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards:
- Works under direct supervision.
- Must have the aptitude and ability to translate existing IT understanding to the company's model of software development.
- Follows documented software development standards and approaches.
- Follows the defined visual style of the application.
- Develops solutions based upon a defined specification and test plan.
- Develops software solutions that operate against relational databases including: Relational / object mapping, Screen creation, Report development
- Participates in department code reviews.
- Performs unit testing of their work.
- Completes work based upon the project schedule.
- Works with the quality assurance tester to resolve any problems.
- Participates in team design meetings.
- Assists in the response to Helpdesk ticket support requests.
- Trains, adheres and learns from peers within the organization.
- Assigned tasks are of low complexity.
- Knows or learns to use the tools required for the job assignment
Experience with one or more of the following two web stacks:
- Stack 1 - Open Source
Stack 2 - Microsoft .Net
- Visual Studio
- C# Language
- Asp.Net\MVC\Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
Whilst not essential, any of the following skills would be desirable:
- Mobile software development
- Project and Service Desk management using JIRA
- Source Code Control in GIT or equivalent
- Experience with Google APIs and analytics
- Development of map driven solutions
- Good appreciation of software architecture and its real-world implications.
- Understanding of database design and implementation.
A degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject. Note: Professional development experience will be strongly considered in lieu of a relevant degree.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join our client as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements amongst other benefits.