Associate Director - Decentralised Energy
If you're an innovative problem solver looking to challenge yourself technically and creatively then our client, an international / integrated engineering consultancy has a job opportunity as an Associate Director that might interest you. The successful candidate will be joining a highly successful and growing team who specialise in decentralised energy consulting and will work on a range of challenging projects both within the UK and Internationally. The purpose of this role is to enhance the Group's market knowledge and new business development activities, and provide exceptional proactive project leadership.
- Developing the Group's marketing goals and establishing an associated plan.
- Winning work - actively identifying and converting leads to projects within the framework of the group marketing strategy.
- Dynamic focus on new business in the distributed energy and demand management market; broadening coverage of high quality clients and projects across a range of market sectors.
- Promoting the client's integrated services to potential Clients.
- Preparing commercial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
- Project Director for appropriate group projects, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Directing multiple projects across the group, taking responsibility for the quality of techno-economic solutions while ensuring financial success.
- Delivering a risk managed portfolio; working within agreed capital lock up parameters.
- Mentoring Associates and Senior Engineers so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team.
- Ensure latest learning and development initiatives are implemented as required within the team.
- Champion delivery of the company's Performance and Development Review (PDR) process in support of all the above.
- Support the management of reward and recognition of the team.
- Participate in and ensure delivery of the process of high-level project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team.
- Maintain the skills balance within the group in line with the defined strategic direction.
- Direct the engineering design excellence within the team and ensure dissemination of 'best in class' to rest of the Discipline Development Group (DDG)/Practice.
- Strong track record of business development in the Distributed Energy market.
- Experience leading teams on international projects.
- Must be proficient at operating within a global matrix organisation.
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, listening) and competent at presenting.
- International work experience.
- Cultural awareness, capable of operating efficiently across geographies.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Degree educated and ideally Masters qualified in relevant subject(s).
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Toby Condie at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.