Associate Director - Ecology and Biodiversity Management
Bath / London
We're recruiting for an Associate Director to join our clients Ecology and Biodiversity Management team, to work across a diverse range of projects, ensuring international environmental best practice, biodiversity conservation and management. If this sounds like you, read on!
You will join a small, committed team, working on projects across the globe to deliver positive conservation inputs, such as regional environmental plans, green and blue infrastructure strategies, Biodiversity Action Plans, and documentation to ensure projects meet recognised best practice such as the International Finance Corporation's Performance Standards.
You will strategically work directly with clients to enable them to proactively manage biodiversity at every stage of the planning process, including preparing conservation management plans in collaboration with species experts to enable effective management on the ground.
You will be expected to demonstrate;
- The ability to proactively work across teams to ensure that biodiversity considerations are embedded into the decision-making process.
- Strong planning and management of budgets and time management.
- Effectively communicating often complex issues to a variety of audiences, through both presentations and reporting.
- Experience in providing senior operational and technical support to a director or line manager in the day-to-day running of a team.
- Experience in managing other team members and the desire to coach and mentor more junior staff to help them develop and showcase their own technical skills.
- A keen interest in working as part of the senior team to develop the biodiversity and climate resilience strategy and helping to roll this out across the company and globally.
- In general, having a positive, solutions-focussed and collaborative approach to working within the team, and encouraging independent thinking, innovation and a supportive working environment.
- Full membership of CIEEM or a similar relevant professional institution.
Why this role?
Our client will help you meet your goals, respect your ideas and foster your creativity, collaboration and innovation. Every employee is given the chance to learn & develop, with an assisted employee programme in place.
They proudly support hybrid working however candidates will be expected to travel to office 2-3 days a week. You will also get to travel abroad and work on projects across the globe, if you wish to.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.