Due to continued growth opens a position at Associate Director (EIA) level. A preferred geographical location is within the London or Manchester. However, in recognition of the increased trend for remote working, flexibility in geographical location will be considered, albeit travel to Client meetings will be required, as necessary.
The focus will be on the delivery of complex and large-scale projects. This will include, but not be limited to: full management and delivery of projects; quality assurance and sign-off of deliverables (Associate Director level); full client liaison and client management / care; full project financial management; business development, marketing and networking; team management and mentoring; product development and innovation; operational management; and contribution to business strategy.
You will be an individual with a broad knowledge of environmental disciplines, but with expert knowledge and practical experience of dealing with the UK planning system, the relevant EIA Regulations, property and infrastructure projects.
Your Attributes and Skills
- You to have: a relevant University bachelor's degree or Masters; membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Management (IEMA)) and / or be a Chartered Environmentalist;
- An excellent understanding of various environmental topic areas and the UK planning system;
- An excellent understanding and practical experience of implementing the relevant EIA Regulations at all stages of the EIA process; experience co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience working with and managing various project stakeholders;
- Project management experience, including the financial monitoring and management of projects;
- Excellent written skills, with specific experience authoring EIA Screening reports / requests, EIA Scoping reports / request, Environmental Statements (ESs) and other related deliverables (at Associate Director level, you will be expected to take responsibility for signing-off / approving written deliverables and quality assurance);
- Clear and confident communication skills; a pro-active and collaborative team approach, engendering inclusion, support and motivation amongst your peers; a desire to go beyond process and procedure, with an ability to think innovatively to enhance outcomes for clients.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org