Our practise helps clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, this Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. They have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
This team has a Energy Lead Advisory business, spanning the spectrum of M&A, equity and debt raising; having built relationships spanning new energy generation and renewables, retail power and trading, regulated utilities and oil & gas.
The role offers the opportunity to lead/manage a number of live deal execution situations, including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, equity raises and financings.
- Lead Advisory deal execution, spanning M&A, debt and equity raising
- Lead Advisory deal origination
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge materials to support deal origination and execution;
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness and business development opportunities;
- Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models;
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements;
- Maintaining a good understanding of commercial, financial, regulatory and transactional themes in the energy sector;
- Substantial experience in the energy sector, gained through M&A or financing transactions;
- A strong track record of originating and executing well known transactions in the energy sector
- Through tangible deal execution activities, have a strong set of relationships across the different buyer pools that are investing in assets and companies in the sector
- Have a good knowledge of financing structures, particularly, structured equity and debt for major power projects, the dynamics of financing in M&A deals, the range of project finance debt structures, and corporate finance structures;
- Have a good understanding of Power & Utilities assets and revenues, including applicable renewable energy incentives;
- Have good business case writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Be skilled in financial modelling, financial analysis, in addition to having an understanding of financial accounting;
- Have a strong ability to interpret and present outputs from financial models to support the provision of commercial advice;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients;
*Flexible Working while some client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, they are supportive where possible helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
They are happy to discuss individual requirements and they offer a range of flexible working arrangements