We are seeking a well-rounded, professional contaminated land specialist to join our cleint's busy team in Leeds. You will be well established within the industry and have an excellent track record in the management of all aspects of contaminated land investigation, assessment and remediation projects.
As a proven project manager and technical specialist, you'll apply your knowledge and know-how to deliver continuous improvement, development and growth. You will forge a strong relationship with our key clients and effectively respond to changing markets to provide an innovative and robust technical service to our existing and expanding client base. You will have the freedom to develop business and manage projects under your own initiative, with the backing of one of the UK's top Ground Engineering teams
- Managing high value and complex Contaminated Land/ Brownfield Development Projects
- Developing and nurturing client relationships
- Developing winning proposals and bids
- Take responsibility for tender preparation and ensure proposal meets the needs and objectives of the client;
- Direct line management of Leeds based Contaminated Land staff, their performance and progression, mentoring and team management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You'll need to combine ambition, insight and confidence with a commitment to giving clients the very best solutions. The skill sets are required:
- Excellent track record in the investigation, assessment and management of Contaminated Land/ Brownfield Development projects
- Be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A proficient Client manager, able to lead client meetings and calls
- A high level of motivation to deliver excellent quality to programme
- Commitment to professional and personal development of self and others, can effectively coach and mentor others
Essential Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Degree and, ideally, an MSc in Earth Science, Environmental Science or other relevant discipline
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status with a relevant professional body
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant Contaminated Land legislation, guidance and best practice
- Manage financial performance of projects and the team to achieve budget targets and maintain key performance indicators
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established figure within the Yorkshire Contaminated Land community to move into their next challenge. Contact Tom Herbert for more information 01202 888 986.