Position Title Associate Director - Transport Modelling
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Office Region United Kingdom
Job Summary What we do:
This is what we do in the Modelling and Appraisal team. In the spirit of trying to 'deliver a better world' we are trying to improve the transport of today for a better tomorrow. Whether we are assessing the impact of town development on a transport network or identifying synergies and inter-dependencies between schemes; we are working collaboratively with the rest of our 100+ transport planning colleagues across the South East and the rest of the teams in the UK and to create innovative solutions to the problems our clients are having.
* A strong team of experts to work with and learn from
* A variety of different teams and opportunities within the company for whatever career pathway you want to take
* Exciting projects (some not so exciting, let's be honest) to work on ranging from local, national and international problems to solve to keep you busy
* A flexible working policy - work/life balance is the key!
* An office 5 minutes away from both East and West Croydon stations
* Dedicated mentors to help support you in your future training
* A Sports & Social Club, offering theatre trips, fun runs and bowling nights to name a few
* And last but not least, a comprehensive internal training programme to teach you what you may want to learn but haven't had the chance to yet
Minimum Requirements You need:
* You will have demonstrable experience in managing teams and developing them to meet their potential.
* You should have experience in some technically challenging transport planning projects - we love to hear about those!
* You need to be great with clients, managing their expectations and delivering their projects - we also love happy clients!
* You should have acquired strong market knowledge, if not, where have you been hiding?
* You will have an analytical mind and background - you want to know the why's and wherefores of things - especially if they transport related;
* You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals;
* You have used and have great knowledge of simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling to name a few;
* You are good at managing your time to ensure you meet those pesky deadlines;
* You need to have strong technical and report writing skills;
* And you should be able to explain technical concepts to others, especially our graduates and anyone else who may ask…
Preferred Qualifications It would be great if you had:
* Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE
* A Master's degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
* We would like for you to have a professional accreditation such as TPP, CIHT or MICE
Contact Mark Maultby