Principal/Associate Geo-Environmental Consultant - Birmingham, London or Southampton
Allen & York are working with an independent, multidiscipline Environmental consultancy team, to bring on board 3 senior members of staff across multiple UK locations. These roles will be based from either the established Birmingham or London teams, or the new team in Southampton.
You will join our team of 100 geo environmental specialists working on major infrastructure, regeneration and development projects for public and private sector clients throughout the UK. You will be expected to work collaboratively with your colleagues across geo environment and all other disciplines within the team
You will be a proven 'work winner' and a respected technical specialist with experience in various aspects of geo-environmental work including, but not limited to, desk studies, ground investigation, geotechnical and contaminated land assessment, remediation, project management, regulatory authority consultation and client liaison.
- You will be educated to degree level in Geology or Civil Engineering, with excellent experience of geo-environmental work. Chartership would also be an advantage.
* You will be commercially aware, have a proven track record in winning work and building teams; and have the ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
* You will possess contract administration, contract management, ground investigation and ideally remediation skills and knowledge of industry standard contracts, including ICC and NEC and ground investigation standard specifications.
* You will demonstrate passion for and a proven track record of business development and be able to identify and respond to new business opportunities including writing and reviewing bids and quotations.
* You will be experienced in managing the financial performance of projects to achieve budget targets and maintain key performance indicators.
* Your background should include a diverse range of sectors including brownfield regeneration, private sector development and infrastructure projects, as well as delivery to local and governmental authorities.
* You will be familiar with UK guidance, legislation and the development planning regime and have experience of the discharge of planning conditions related to ground contamination. Experience of contributing to EIAs would also be an advantage.
* You will have experience of ground investigations in urban environments along with strong knowledge of health and safety, with the capability to manage documentation, as well as staff and suppliers.
* You must have a full UK driving licence.