Our client is a leading worldwide engineering & design consultancy firm with an opening for an Associate Technical Director to join their OLE division. This position has arisen due to expansion and investment in their overhead line design function. Based in the North of England and Scotland.
The successful candidate will have an established background in the design and delivery of OLE schemes within the rail sector, with end to end project involvement, you will work in close partnership with clients and colleagues. This is a role with endless opportunity and scope for growth.
- Involvement in the production and output of detailed overhead line/OLE designs.
- Provide technical advice and support to project teams by working in collaboration with stakeholders and attending meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensuring health and safety aspects are adhered to in all aspects of design and operations.
- Work closely with internal teams to grow business and opportunities within the UK, spotting cross-sell opportunities to maximise relationships.
- Advise and assist the client with technical solutions and options by understanding their business drivers and competitors.
- Used to managing a team, mentoring and coaching graduates.
- Undertake technical reviews for projects and other ad hoc tasks!
- Essential to have OLE design experience within the rail sector specifically.
- Experience of related activities essential to OLE design and construction.
- Understanding of isolation/section diagrams and of Bonding and OLE installation techniques.
- Knowledge of NWR OLEMI range of equipment including Mk3B, ATK, UK1, Series 1 etc.
- Understanding and compliance with H&S regulations
- Strong communicator with ability to liaise effectively and confidently with both clients and stakeholders, to be engaged with project strategy and requirements.
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in mechanical engineering.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer (or working towards)!
- Microstation experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of NWR GRIP process advantageous.
- 750v dc and 1500v dc OLE system
As well as being part of a global and majorly successful consultancy you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.