Our client is a growing Electrical Engineering company working within several industries for onshore and offshore projects providing electrical and supporting services.
Having started 12 years ago they currently have 30 employees in additional to a flexible contractor workforce and has built the business to a £10m+ turnover per year.
As an SME business they are flexible, innovative and can adapt quickly to changing client demands.
They are a close and ambitious team and are looking for new team members who will enjoy the challenge of a very varied workload and the opportunity to contribute ideas and make an impact towards thier continued success.
- Supporting the company's expansion in winning new business, you will co-ordinate, plan, write, submit and present (pre)qualification questionnaires and RFI/RFP/RFQ/ ITTs etc. Working closely with Technical, Project, Quality and Finance Managers you will take ownership of the end-to-end bids process through to contract award.
- The majority of opportunities vary from £500 to £10m projects where quotation or proposal responses will be required. A new system is being implemented, and you will contribute towards the set-up of formalised governance and best practice procedures.
- This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong interpersonal and commercial skills. You will support onshore and offshore bids, as required.
- Managing the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities including attendance at internal and client briefings
- Managing resource and inputs from a variety of stakeholders and developing central information support (e.g. working with HSEQ Coordinator to establish prequalification questionnaire templates; pre-tender checklists; contract reviews with Business Manager/Director)
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bids
- Risk tracking and management (technical/financial/geographical/ political/environmental/service) throughout the bid process including identification of success/fail factors, to agree bid strategy
- Writing proposals - content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary), using and developing company tools
- Managing the bid budget/business plan with Finance, alongside obtaining external supplier/subcontractor quotes
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids including technical specifications
- Understanding and resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues whilst maintaining excellent client relationships
- Arranging all bid reviews with customers, post award (or loss), to report on lessons learned/recommendations
- Financial and performance reporting
- Moving quickly from award to handover with Project Managers
- Managing client base/business development by way of regular client contact
- Contract law expertise, is ideal
- Proven capability in delivering winning electrical/civils bids from opportunity identification through to award. Demonstrating valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solutions design
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the day-to-day administration of the bid register, folders, etc.
- Strong analytical skills for costing of proposals
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills
- Ability to manage complex and multiple bids
- Understanding and implementation of governance procedures
- Third party accreditations and e-procurement portals experience
- Strong presentation skills (oral and technical)
- Flexibility to assist other departments, as and when required
- APMP qualified or working towards
- Contracts knowledge NEC/FIDIC/LOGIC
- Experience in improving quality of documentation
- Marketing initiative
- Experience with Microsoft project or equivalent
- Project management experience
- High Voltage/Offshore/renewables knowledge is ideal.