BIM Modeller - Water
Cardiff or Guildford
If you’re an experienced BIM Modeller and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team in Cardiff or Guildford as a BIM Modeller and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We currently have several exciting opportunities for BIM Modeller to join our Water teams based in various UK locations. These teams are involved in delivering a variety of works design solutions in the regulated water and water management arenas.
The BIM Modeller will be responsible for model delivery and ensuring their model complies with project and company standards. They will require knowledge of the BIM process, and it is anticipated that they will have progressed through the role of BIM Trainee or draftsman. Typically, they would be able to use 1 or 2 modelling software packages. On occasions it is anticipated that the BIM Modeller will assume a co-ordination role, ensuring that model inputs are coordinated efficiently. They will be comfortable liaising with Engineers, other BIM Modellers, and BIM Coordinators.
- To work out the design. Adding data to the model within the BIM environment and generate graphical and (alfa) numeric output.
- Ensure compliance with the BIM Execution Plan.
- Making 3D visualizations, derived 2D drafts.
- Making optimal use of software capabilities and making suggestions for expanding and development of software tools and/or adjustments of the BIM Model.
- Making drafts, calculations and analyses that are based and/or will be transferred to the BIM environment.
- Informing and advising involved parties about the use of data and application of output.
- Preferably academically qualified in an Engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in design, drafting or engineering and BIM.
- Experience of working in a Design and Build context, preferably within the water utilities sector.
- Having a knowledge of drafting and BIM.
- Having a knowledge of how to define BIM outcomes.
- Having the capability to use a BIM software program (ideally Revit and/or Civils 3D/Plant3D). Having a knowledge of BIM processes.
- Having a knowledge of how to coordinate a BIM project within the 3D environment.
- Have a knowledge of how to apply design to the models they produce.