Position Title Bridge Inspector
Job Category Engineering - Transportation - Bridges
Business Line Transportation / Rail
Office Location UK - Birmingham
Allen and York are currently looking for a Bridge Inspector to work with our Internationally recognised Company. Their involvement in some of the biggest rail and highway inspection projects currently in the UK, our client has a challenging, yet exciting role for an experienced Bridge Inspector. If you are a Bridge Inspector who wants to pursue a career in the inspection and maintenance of bridges and other civil structures, then you should be talking to us.
Our client's strategic plan is all about growth -growing in their largest markets; ensuring that their clients engage with them in a greater share of their own growth; and perhaps most importantly of all, making sure their people have the opportunity and freedom to grow and achieve their full potential.
As a Bridge Inspector you will have the following daily responsibilities:
- Undertake inspections including the planning & programming for Inspection of bridges, underground structures and retaining walls to national and international standards, principally on highways and railways bridges, culverts, subways etc
- Liaison with clients and other third parties as requested by the team
- Preparing and checking inspection reports including producing and reviewing sketches and drawings within AutoCAD
- Complying with the organisation's health and safety and quality procedures
- Care/maintenance of inspection equipment
- Assist with the commercial and financial control of your project
- Supervise and mentor junior inspectors in both the office and on-site
- Report writing and production of inspection reports and SHE documents
Our Client's Birmingham office has an established track record of successfully delivering bridge engineering schemes for more than 30 years throughout the UK. The office, located at the heart of Birmingham City Centre, has multi-disciplinary transportation inspection, assessment and design capability in rail and highway schemes and works closely with other disciplines from the Highways, Rail, Geotechnical, Environment, Transport Planning and Development Sectors.
You will be a pro-active and self-driven individual with a combination of the following:
- BICS Accredited or working towards
- BTEC Level 3 as a minimum, ideally ICE Engineering Technician (EngTech)
- Good understanding of working in traffic management / Chapter 8 knowledge
- Good communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude to work
- A commitment to comply with Health and Safety at Work and meeting the needs of our Clients
- A good understanding of standard computer software packages, MS Office, AutoCAD
- Be responsible for project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation
- Experience in road and/or rail projects
- Current UK driving licence required, previous experience of driving short and long wheel-based vehicles desirable
Preferred Qualifications Experience or / qualifications in working at height and difficult access techniques such as:
- IRATA roped access
- Confined space access
- PASMA trained - Towers for Users
- LANTRA would be desirable but not essential.
- PTS / CoSS would also be desirable
****Not having any specific training would not preclude you as we provide appropriate training where necessary***