Building Surveyor - Manchester
C£30,000 - £40,000 p/a + benefits
If you're an experienced Building Surveyor who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join the Manchester based Building Surveying team of this well-established company, and you'll discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box.
You will be able to provide expert Building Surveying services to high profile public sector and commercial clients across the North West, helping them make the most of their assets.
The role offers the opportunity to make a real impact on a growing service offering, and you will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression, whilst at the same time being exposed to cross-sector experience.
The company also offers an incredible benefit scheme, with a highly competitive salary, strong pension, season ticket loan, private medical insurance, and discretionary bonus, along with line managers that will value your service and welcome you to the team.
- Focused on excellence in service delivery and client satisfaction, liaising closely with Partners, Team Leaders and colleagues.
- Development and care of client relationships and providing a quality service to win new and repeat business.
- Provide sound and reasoned technical and professional advice to clients or internal stakeholders relating to the Building Surveying scope of services, which will include: Design and specification, Contract administration, Party wall matters, Dilapidations, Technical due diligence (TDD) and surveys, including for pre-acquisition, stock condition, validation and building defect/pathology purposes
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects (generally ranging from £100K - £2M) and professional assignments and/or support the senior colleagues in the delivery of larger projects / assignments.
- Assist with the development of Building Surveying services, responding to market opportunities.
- MRICS qualified or at final stage of APC assessment.
- Have detailed and thorough knowledge of both traditional and modern building construction technology and techniques.
- A strong track record as a professional Building Surveyor, showing the desire for a progressive career structure.
- Experience of property refurbishment and maintenance, controlling quality on projects & leading challenging projects.
- Experience in 'professional' Building Surveying work streams, e.g. dilapidations, party wall consultancy, TDD, surveys etc.
- An ambition to drive the business forward and an interest to develop both new and existing services.
- An ability to develop business through building strong working relationships, internally and externally.
- A desire to help, support and develop others.
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986 ext. 243