Business Development - Peterborough
You will work for the businesses Chief Commercial Officer and closely with other members of both the commercial and marketing/comms teams with your focus being the growth of the company's sales pipeline for our advanced solid biofuel products and in particular those products with a retail focus.
Requirement to build upon the existing clients and leads that the business has and crucially to develop new sales models, generate new business and extend the reach of the businesses sales network across the UK and in due course abroad.
Build and maintain strong working relationships with all clients and partners.
- Primary point of contact for all external enquiries for sales of retail solid biofuels.
- Respond to client communications or queries and resolve any client issues.
- Take an active role in the sales and marketing of the advanced biofuel products.
- Secure commercial relationships and supply agreements with major retailers.
- Market research and analysis of commercial opportunities.
- Identify, pursue, and grow commercial opportunities.
Management of the sales pipelines:
- qualification of sales prospects;
- preparation of internal cost analysis for sales opportunities;
- preparation and presentation of commercial proposals to third parties;
- management reporting on sales pipelines and preparation of associated board papers.
- Primary point of contact for all external enquiries for sales of retail solid biofuels. Respond to client communications or queries and resolve any client issues.
- Liaising internally to ensure that product offerings and potential markets are correctly aligned.
- Sales account management, attending meetings with leads, management of leads and finalising sales.
- Liaising with factory team to ensure that stock levels and sales pipeline volumes are aligned;
- Forecast and track key account metrics and update client forecasts.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant sales experience required.
- Experience of selling into large retail outlets and chains.
- Strong desire to work in the recycling/clean technology industry, with ideally experience in the solid biomass (summer/winter fuels) sector.
- Experience with commercial negotiation and procurement with large B2B businesses.
- Proven track record of securing new customers and growing customer sales.
- Keen interest in sustainability and environmental issues.
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, email and CRM tools.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail meet deadlines as part of a fast growing team and business.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills - both verbal and written.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent.