One of the UK's leaders in renewable energy is looking for a Business development manager to join their team.
You will be working closely with the UK Commercial team, and business leads, including asset management, operations, finance and procurement teams.
- Regular communication with target clients and external contractors; and Interfacing with other groups including insurance and legal teams.
- Support the business leads in the development of the marketing and business development plans;
- Plan and deliver a programme of business development activity to meet targets;
- Develop and maintain client relationships including preparing and delivering presentations to clients and identifying and generating opportunities to submit bids;
- Lead the preparation of bids or support others preparing bids and manage relevant opportunities through to contract signature/handover;
- Support the preparation of the cost calculation including developing an appropriate pricing strategy;
- Be responsible for gaining the relevant business approval prior to preparing and submitting bids;
- Participate in contract negotiations within the agreed business approval levels;
- Correctly record and track opportunities, customer interactions and project data within the CRM system;
- Support procurement activities for downstream contracts by providing detailed specification and pricing structure and liaising with the procurement team;
- Evaluate technical capabilities and H&S record of relevant contractors;
- Identify partnering and acquisition opportunities; and Help to develop a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of customer and internal feedback and drawing conclusions for the business development strategy.
- Travel within UK and Europe; and Attendance at key and relevant conferences including presenting at public events to enhance their visibility in the market.
- Knowledge of the UK wind/solar/storage renewable energy sectors, in particular asset management/O&M clients, competitors and contractors;
- Knowledge of business development process typically used for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Knowledge of the principles of key account management;
- Knowledge of key contractual terms in relation to asset management/O&M such as performance warranties.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for leading virtual teams to develop tenders and for representing the companies credibly and presenting our services clearly and positively in face-to-face meetings, presentations and written proposals with clients, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Strong numerical analysis skills required for developing cost models to for delivering technical services (such as asset management and O&M) under long term contracts;
- Strong research and strategic analysis;
- Good organisational skills to meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous tenders and other business development activities
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems.
- Experience in planning and delivering business development activities (with clients and contractors) for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Experience in preparing proposals;
- Experience of working within the UK (wind/solar/storage) renewable energy sectors
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a relevant business development activity may be sufficient; and hold a UK driving licence.