CAD Operator - Transmission and Distribution (T&D)
Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections. As a newly qualified CAD Operator, the candidate we are looking for will become an essential member of the Operations Team, providing support to colleagues by accurately recording the installation of gas and electricity networks on 'As Built Drawings'.
'As Built Drawings' are a revised set of drawings submitted upon completion of a contract. They reflect all changes made during the construction process, and show the exact dimensions, geometry and location of all elements of the work completed under the contract, and they are critical to the legal completion of all projects.
Although this will be a main part of the responsibilities, the successful candidate will also assist in producing drawings to go with all onsite work instructions, tendering plans and traffic management works.
- Liaise with contractors to update projects with 'As Built' information
- Ensure timeous update of project in terms of 'As Built' information
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance of revision updates
- Provide AutoCAD drawings to support asset claims
- Prepare completion files
- Provide assistance in the production of route planning
- Produce routine and non-routine drawings
- Provide advice and assistance to other members of staff
- General Office Administration duties
- AutoCAD trained
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, verbal & written
- Self-motivated, accurate and with an eye for detail
- All-round computer literacy - MS Office / Works / Excel
- Able to work in a team environment
- Experience working with DNO / IDNO / ICP
- Knowledge of utility industry
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of NERS / GIRS accreditation
- Commercial awareness
In addition to your normal duties you may also be required to undertake duties outside your normal job remit and at locations other than your normal place of work.
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (after three months of employment)
- Health Care Plan (after three months of employment)
- Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company
After 12 months' service further benefits will be applied to the position
- Bonus scheme
- Life assurance