Due to organic growth, this successful construction and property consultants are seeking to recruit a Principal Designer/Health & Safety Consultant to join their team in the West-Midlands. You will have exposure to a wide variety of projects in both the public and private sectors (education, healthcare, utilities, retail, commercial, leisure, residential, etc.)
This role provides an exciting opportunity to develop within a dynamic team supported by a medium-sized multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 10 offices across the UK and established for over 150 years
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Advising and assisting clients in accordance with the CDM Regs 2015, ensuring compliance with their duties.
- Act as nominated advisor to external Principal Designer organisations,
- Assisting the consultancy's design teams to comply with PD role,
- Carrying our regular site H&S audits.
- Providing a pro-active "solutions" based full life-cycle advisory service.
Key skills and experience you will ideally have:
- Minimum 3 years' practical experience providing dedicated CDM Co-ordinator or H&S Advisor/Consultant services within the construction industry
- Good knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2007 and 2015
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety within the construction industry
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Professional qualification in a construction, engineering, building surveying or building services discipline - desirable
- Recognised membership of a proven Health & Safety organisation - preferably IMaPS (previously referred to as RMaPS 2015)
- Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritise workload with the ability to lead own projects and be a forward-facing employee of a leading multi-disciplined construction organisation.
Remuneration / benefits
This consultancy values and promotes a positive work-life balance and encourages team members to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career which is really important to them.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare (BUPA)
- 26 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days' additional leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Childcare vouchers