A renowned multidisciplinary consultancy seeks a competent CDM Consultant / Principal Designer to join their Birmingham office and cover sites in the Midlands.
- Carry out the duties of the Principal Designer in line with the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Engage with clients and designers to positively influence, enhance and integrate health & safety / design risk management into the project team, design team meetings and the construction phase
- Take ownership and lead the design risk management process whilst applying the general principles of prevention
- Effectively plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety during the pre-construction phase when most design work is carried out.
- Take account of various aspects of the project including usability, functionality, future maintainability, life cycle building management and identify residual risks at all stages of the project
- Identify, compile and issue suitable project specific pre-construction information to assist contractors in managing significant risk once construction begins
- Health & Safety File compilation.
- Provide clear, concise and practical health and safety advice, guidance and coaching to project teams at all stages of the project when required.
- Management of multiple projects for key clients to the business
- Demonstrate a minimum of three years practical experience in providing CDM services
- Hold at least Technical Membership with IOSH and be working towards Graduate / Chartered status. Membership with the APS would be beneficial
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate is essential. NVQ 5 H&S or NEBOSH Diploma is preferred
- Have a very good understanding of risk management and hazard identification
- Have a thorough understanding of the design and construction process
- Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills to match Client and Company expectations
- 25 days holiday
- Company car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
- Life Assurance
- 5% Company Pension Contribution