Our client is a leading national waste management business. On their behalf, we are seeking to appoint a Control Room Supervisor.
The role will include a direction of activities of Crane Driver, Plant Operators and General Plant Operator. Reporting directly to Duty Shift Engineer.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not limit:
- Make sure that all plant is under the supervision at all times; during start up, during operations and shutdown, and in accordance with the instructions of the Duty Shift Engineer
- Supervision and instruction of Plant Operators and Crane Driver
- Ensuring that plant emissions, do not exceed authorised limit
- Ensuring that oncoming shifts are made fully aware of the operational state of all plant
- Taking appropriate action on receipt of alarms, and during events of abnormal operating conditions
- Liaising with outside electrical distribution agencies with regard to the HV system
- Initiation of emergency service requirements
- Acting as point of contact for Security and Emergency Services
- Reception of external telephone communications outside office hours
- Keeping accurate records of staff attendance and absence reports
- The control room supervisor will be required to carry out appropriate training within their area of expertise and also undertake training
- Synchronising and loading of four 12.5 MW main Turbines and two 2.7 MW house sets with due regard to electrical system requirements
- Remote switching of 11KV and 3.3KV switchgear
- Liaising as necessary and as instructed by the Duty Shift Engineer with Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument Maintenance Departments, and with Contractors
- Carrying out routine plant checks and tests, maintaining log books and log sheets, and reporting defects and abnormalities to the Duty Shift Engineer
- Minimum: C&G Boiler Operation, Turbine Operation or equivalent. Preferably National Certificate level in mechanical or electrical or plant engineering
- Must have experience in the operation of Boilers, Turbines and auxiliary plant, or suitable alternative experience augmented by further training
- A commitment to undertake own training as deemed necessary to improve and update knowledge and increase "skills" and to train others when required to do so
- The ability to lead the team as well as work as part of a team to solve problems
- The ability and willingness to work in cold wet conditions when necessary
- A positive attitude towards and the ability to cope with change
- A high level of knowledge of site procedures
Please Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.
We look forward to receiving your application.