We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious and results-focused individual to join the Smart Energy Code team
The role will involve working with the GB energy industry to develop solutions, assess and research the impacts of changes, and to document and present the conclusions to higher authorities.
The successful individual will be expected to engage with industry participants and government bodies such as BEIS and Ofgem to progress changes to the SEC in the most efficient way. Through this, they will have the opportunity to help shape a key piece of national infrastructure within the GB energy sector.
Reporting to the Change Consultant within the SEC Change Team, the specific duties of the role will include:
- Progressing SEC Modification Proposals from inception through to decision, supporting the Proposer of each change throughout and providing them with support and advice
- Creating and executing project plans, adapting them as appropriate to meet the changing needs of each project and client requirements;
- Preparing for and running industry meetings to discuss and develop Modification Proposals;
- Supporting and facilitating industry discussions to identify and develop solutions, and documenting the business requirements and changes to the SEC for each identified solution;
- Researching the background and wider industry developments, analysing the impacts and costs of each change and reviewing consultation responses;
- Preparing a range of reports and supporting material that cover the details, discussions and recommendations for each Modification Proposal;
- Presenting the findings and recommendations for each Modification Proposal to the SEC Panel and the Change Board;
- Liaising with and presenting to other industry stakeholders or forums, including regulatory, settlement and governance bodies, building and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Providing friendly and reliable expert advice to clients on industry change and the SEC processes;
- Continuously improving the products, techniques and procedures used within the team.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will be able to communicate complex issues, solutions and arguments to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Have excellent planning and organisational abilities, able to manage time and a varied workload, and is flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Strive for excellence in their work and be able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- Be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in short spaces of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- Be proactive and driven with good self-discipline;
- Have strong client engagement and stakeholder management abilities, able to elicit and capture the customer's needs and requirements and provide critical assessment;
- Be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders;
- Be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will ideally have experience in the GB retail energy sector, preferably in the electricity, gas or smart metering areas.
An understanding and experience of industry code governance, energy networks and/or energy markets is also desirable