Allen & York has been appointed by one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services to resource for a Civil Engineer in Flood Risk Management and Drainage.
They offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
To meet their growing UK business needs and future development aspirations they are looking for a Civil Engineer to assist with the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management based in their Reading office.
The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
You will be working on projects for the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and some private sector clients and will support other technical disciplines within the company. Responsibilities include:
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Drainage analysis and design
- Solution identification and development of technical details
- Preparation of technical notes
- Working within an established design and appraisal team, who support your learning and career progression
- Civil Engineering degree expected 2:1 or higher
- A desire to work towards Professional Qualification with the ICE
- Awareness of safety in design principles and the designers obligations under CDM
- Awareness of the development of outline and detailed design solutions
- Awareness of specification preparation
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective communicator - verbally and in written form
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD
- Interest in drainage, flood risk and hydraulics
- WinDES Micro-drainage modelling
- Hydraulic design
- Civils 3D CAD
- GIS - Mapinfo/ArcView
This is a really exciting role that will provide the opportunity to be involved in large, interesting projects along with offering good career development opportunities.
As always with this client, there is a great salary and benefits package on offer.