Clerk of Works
My client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
A Clerk of Works, preferably qualified (MICW), capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a group.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress, predominantly repairs and refurbishment of housing tools, liaising with Building Contractors and preparing reports for Contract Administrators, and Project Management.
The work will involve undertaking regular inspections of construction work to monitor progress, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer's requirements, identifying discrepancies, preparing written reports with supporting photographs on weekly intervals and organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the Client in attendance.
* Keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance
* Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employers' requirements
* Good observation to be able to identify discrepancies and raise these appropriately
* Prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
* Organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
* Maintain a good client relationship throughout
* Be able to write well-presented reports to a high standard
* Be able to organise and prioritise own workloads
* Good communicator both written and oral
* Able to work under pressure
* Take a pride in your work and ensure it reflects our company image and expectations