A great opportunity has arisen through organic growth and the successful award of new framework contracts for a solution focussed Clerk of Works to join a professional multi-disciplinary practice.
Working for a company who pride themselves on first-class service delivery, with a nationwide reach and a local focus for the Build environment.
To undertake inspections of building works in progress on new build residential sites.
Liaise with Building Contractors and preparing reports for Employer's Agents and Project Management.
Carry out regular inspections of residential new builds to monitor progress, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer's requirements, identifying discrepancies.
Preparation of written reports with supporting photographs on weekly intervals and organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the Client in attendance.
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience of:
- Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer's requirements
- Good observation to be able to identify discrepancies and raise these appropriately
- Prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
- Projects including cladding with a good understanding of passive fire safety.
- Organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
- Maintain a good client relationship throughout.
- Ideally you will be a member of ICWIC, or other designations such as CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE (support will be given to achieve added memberships).
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Be able to organise and prioritise own workloads
- Good communicator both written and oral
- Capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a group
- Able to work under pressure
- Take a pride in your work and ensure it reflects our company image and expectations
- Continue to learn and develop your knowledge ensuring it is relevant and up-to-date