We are looking for an Associate Commercial Asset Manager to support the management of a large portfolio of solar power companies based in Italy.
The role will sit within the Energy Asset Management team. This team manages over 300 energy generating companies, currently valued in excess of £3 billion.
This role is supported by the wider commercial asset management team and in-house technical and financial team, she/he will liaise closely with the outsourced providers to help drive financial and operational performance and resolve issues as they arise.
- With support of the wider team, she/he will be responsible for delivering accurate financial and operational information to Directors, funders and management, as well as supporting any investment transactions on the portfolio via, for example, responding to due diligence requests on the assets.
- The role will be based in London, occasional travel to site in Italy and to contractor's offices will be required.
- Collaborate with the power plant operators to manage performance of the plants
- Understand and summarise issues for commercial decision making
- Review and report on revenue, expenditure and cash balances in project companies
- Help update financial models for fund reporting and periodic valuation of the portfolio companies
- Ensure compliance with project financing agreements (i.e. preparing regular budgets and operational reports)
- Understand the risk monitoring framework in place, identifying and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Monitor the deployments of funds for assets under construction and update construction budgets accordingly
- Provide analytical and other support to the team as needed
- Assist with portfolio wide initiatives to optimise the existing assets, including assisting with project appraisal, due diligence and project financings
- Responding to investor queries and preparation of external marketing information
- Assist with on-boarding of new assets into the portfolio
The candidate will be well-educated and a quick learner. The candidate must be well organised with good prioritisation skills to manage both site specific and portfolio wide issues across multiple companies. They will be numerate, have good commercial acumen and excellent interpersonal skills.
- This role will suit an individual with 2 years experience + in the solar industry looking to develop their commercial and financial skills
- They will be fluent in both English and Italian
- They will have a technical, mathematical or financial degree
- They will have a good understanding of MS office, notably excel
The role represents an excellent opportunity for a junior renewable energy professional to join a highly motivated, supportive and collaborative team. It will provide an excellent grounding in both the solar and finance industries.
The role offers a comprehensive training and development plan, encompassing on the job mentoring, in-house specialist sessions and external training. Professional qualifications are also encouraged and supported where relevant. The exact training plan will be designed around her/his needs and development goals.