|Job Title:||Commercial consultant- Renewable energy|
|Location:||North West England, England|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client requires a Commercial consultant which offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to lead a small but dynamic company in the innovative low carbon investment sector.
The role oversees the management of finance associated with specific investments and leading on the company strategy. The role will also include oversight of the day to day running of the business.
The role would suit a motivated, self-starter with investment experience in energy and the low carbon sector.
The role can be fulfilled in on a flexible basis depending upon circumstances.
This fund is under the ownership but overseen by the public sector and they have no shareholders, and all surpluses generated are re-invested into the fund or used to further advance the objectives of the company to support community owned projects.
They own and operate a wind turbine asset which sits within a subsidiary. All surpluses from this company are returned to the company for re-investment.
The team comprises two staff, supported by consultants and the board.
They have aims to manage additional funds in the future, to increase the breadth of its work with the low carbon sector. These funds will need to be complimentary to the ethical ethos and technical expertise.
- Developing new investment opportunities from a wide range of sources, developing relationships with partner organisations to develop an investment pipeline.
- Oversee and undertake completion of due diligence, financial modelling, monitoring and evaluation, investment and project documentation.
- Lead the negotiation of all new investments and refinancing of existing investments (in the low carbon and environmental sectors).
- Oversee and support commercial and contractual structuring/negotiations utilising external legal support.
- Oversight of all financial expenditure and income.
- Oversight of ongoing management of existing investments, ensuring repayments are made on time and to schedule.
- Oversight of ongoing management of the investment assets, ensuring proper operation and management of the asset. Acting as a Director on the board for this SPV.
- representative on company boards where they have a right following investment.
- Develop and build new investment areas for them in the low carbon and environmental sectors.
- Seek new funds to complement the existing fund
- Annual budgeting, monthly financial planning and reforecasting of Company cash flow.
- Supported by an external Company Secretary, ensure the governance requirements of the organisation are met and board meetings and AGM are conducted appropriately.
- Line management of an associate to support all activities
- Management of external consultants, associates and service providers
- Management of book-keeper and management accountant and supporting raising invoices, chasing payments
- Monthly reporting to the Board including presenting investment proposals for approval
- 5 yrs+ professional and relevant experience in a technical, investment or commercial role.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a BEng / MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline, although experience and aptitude are just as important and so diploma will be considered.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance a mix of priorities.
- Knowledge and demonstrable technical experience of the low carbon sector and sustainability.
- Demonstrable investment experience in the low carbon sector.