Waste Commercial Manager (Northern and Central England) home based
Our Client, a well?established alternative fuels producer and supplier, waste management and trading company business, has an excellent opportunity for a permanent Commercial Manager to join their Commercial Team.
The successful candidate will develop, engage and manage commercial and local authority customers in the UK.
- Building relationships with existing clients to improve service and responding to any underlying customer concerns.
- Developing the companies brand and image with key focus on alternative fuels.
- Develop relationship with both existing and pipeline customers.
- Plan supplier sourcing activities to agreed budgets.
- Manage supplier costs and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the contracts.
- Provide summary report of analysed and profit for your portfolio.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment doing ad?hoc.
- Undertake annual duty of care audits with subcontractors and disposal sites.
- Working with other teams in the organisation to introduce new communications methods to engage the customer base.
Skills and General Experience:
- A background in waste and recycling with a number of years' experience in account management or front?line customer facing operations would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in alternative fuels is a must need for the role.
- Proven track record of working with local authority is also desirable.
- Understanding the life cycle from customer generation to final recovery aspects of waste and recyclates.
- Commercial awareness with an entrepreneurial flair in order to spot new opportunities for selling on or sourcing materials for your region.
- Self?motivated, self?confident, enthusiastic and resilient, with a flexible approach to working and the ability to plan and prioritise your workload.
- Showing great communication skills with suppliers, customer and peers alike.
- The ability to manage a commercial pipeline, write site visit reports and carry out presentations.
- Experience of managing key clients on large contracts and ability to produce a supply chain analysis for each customer.
- Experience in delivering and improving health and safety standards for the clients.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.