Commercial Manager - Water
Beckton (East London)
If you're an experienced Commercial Manager and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our East London team as a Commercial Manager and we'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to locate a career Commercial Manager to support the various teams in Reading on on-going projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Our team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with our blue-chip clients in Water, which include:
- Manage the delivery of projects providing pre-award, procurement and post award contract administration support, monitoring compliance with contract obligations and driving value and innovation from the supply chain.
- Provision of a "cradle to grave" commercial function for all work packages making up the commission.
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
- Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
- Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers
- Maintain the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Assist cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking (including the completion of Data Capture Analysis (DCA) sheets) in accordance with client process.
- Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Manage the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with tracking indices.
- Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
- Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk Manager informed of contingency drawdown / returns.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop robust and optimal Procurement Plan and strategies.
- Work with the contract team to ensure correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising NEC3
- MRICS and extensive experience and or CIPS with an in-depth experience of maintaining contract compliance and driving value through the supply chain within complex construction projects