Allen and York are partnering with a Housing association to support the recruitment of a Compliance Manager (Fire, Electrical & Asbestos) to work as part of their growing Health and Safety Team.
Reporting into the Head of Health and Safety the position will be responsible for ensuring the organisation complies with relevant statutory and regulatory obligations in service areas, including Electrical Safety, Fire Safety and Asbestos Safety.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Supporting the Head of Health & Safety in the development and review of policies, plans and procedures associated with Electrical, Fire and Asbestos service areas.
- Plan and deliver an integrated approach to the procurement and management of services and work programmes to ensure their successful delivery within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Implementation of the organisation's Asbestos Management Plan, ownership of the asbestos register, management of cyclical reinspection activity and oversight of other survey, remediation and removal activity
- Electrical Safety - electrical testing, inspection, service, maintenance and repair activity in relation to door entry systems, automatic gates and barriers, lightning conductors/surge protection, intruder alarms, and CCTV.
- Fire Safety - fire risk assessment and resulting actions programmes, inspection, service, maintenance and repair activity in relation to fire detection, prevention and control measures.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Management, holds a relevant technical / building qualification, have previous experience of contractor management and has experience of working within housing or property sectors.