Allen & York are working on behalf of an independent sustainability and energy consultancy group who are looking to bring on board a Compliance Test Engineer and OCDEA. This is an exiting role for an ambitious and motivated individual to join a growing arm of the business.
This role will focus on air leakage testing and pressure monitor testing, and you will become the in house specialist in this sector. You will also get the opportunity to support the energy assessment side of the business, so an individual with an interest in this work would be well suited to this role.
- End-to-end management of client engagement and projects including assisting in the arrangement of site visits
- Assist the client in achieving compliance with Part L and F of Building Regulations
- Drive to site and conduct a range of tests to check the plot is compliant with building regulations part F and L using provided company equipment and vehicle
- Support our energy assessors in collating specifications and energy performance data
- Complete new build domestic energy calculations, reports and lodge EPCs
- Undertake pre-test audits as and when required
- Engage with the site manager to ensure pre-site checks had been conducted, explaining design features and faults / remedial advice for failed tests
- Collating and analysing data during testing
- Produce detailed technical reports to identify potential leakage areas
- Issuing / lodge certificate
- Maintain test equipment as required
- Achieving / maintaining competency requirements of the air tightness / acoustic test scheme operator
- Planning and designing test methodologies / strategies
- Assisting with fee proposal preparation
- Experience of Fantestic software package
- Computer literate with MS Office skills, especially Word and Excel
Ideally candidates will be educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate construction related discipline and / or will be a fully qualified Air Tightness tester however, we will consider applicants without these qualifications depending on experience. Candidates will require a full driving licence and a willingness to travel.
This role is available immediately and applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information, email@example.com